Apr 3, 2012

DIY Glass Cleaner




Usually when I empty a bottle of something I am not excited about it because this means I have to spend money to purchase more of the product.

Today was a different story! When I emptied my bottle of glass cleaner a small part of me was overjoyed (I know I’m a complete dork, right?)! Having an empty bottle this time, meant that I would be able to make a glass cleaning recipe that I have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to try.















Here’s what you need:
2 cups White Distilled Vinegar
2 cups Distilled Water
6 drops Essential Oil (optional)



What to do:
Mix all of the ingredients together and pour them in a spray bottle.
I used a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Everything fit in the measuring cup and it has a pouring spout on it. The spout made it super simple for me to pour the concision into the spray bottle.

***Side Note: I used vanilla scented oil that is actually the kind of oil used in an oil burner. I purchased it not realizing that there is a difference between Essential Oil and this kind of oil. At this point I’m not exactly sure where to purchase Essential Oils from.

My Opinion:
I used the glass cleaner on all of the upstairs windows in my house (total of 7). At first it looked as if the cleaner was going to leave an oily streak on the windows, but after wiping it both horizontally and vertically the streaks disappeared.

Just for the fun of it I tried a mirror, again there were streaks at first, but they disappeared and left a clean surface!

The only downfall I have found at this point is the smell of the vinegar. The oil did provide some fragrance, but not enough. I cleaned the windows in the rooms first and then used my DIY Fabric Refresher on the furniture in the room. The smell seemed to go away quickly!


Thank you to my 4 legged friend, Mylonni, who provided the smudges on the windows for me to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment